Subject Re: Watching a folder
From Andy Taylor <andy.taylor@cloud15.uk>
Date Sun, 15 Jul 2018 06:25:45 -0400
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

Michael,

Sleep will have dBASE continually watching the clock and doing not a lot else.
The timer is the best way to do what you want.

UNLESS.... you are only expecting delays of a few seconds in which case you could use a counted loop
of up to say 10,000 with file(*.txt) and_app.executemessages() being called in the loop.

Andy