Subject Re: Grid Column Width
From Ken Mayer <dbase@nospam.goldenstag.net>
Date Sun, 8 Jul 2018 11:24:58 -0700
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 7/8/2018 10:53 AM, Bob McKinney wrote:
> Hi All:  Using DB+ 2.8 w/W 10 Home on laptop.  Is there a way to adjust the displayed width of a grid column?  I know you can "drag" after the grid is displayed.  It appears the column width is approx 10 spaces  wider than the field width.  On a multi field grid this eats up a lot of viewing width.   Any help appreciated.....Bob

Are you defining the columns by selecting which columns are to be
displayed? If so, then you can specify the width and other properties
for each column.

The default for the grid is to show all columns in a table, you can
change this by going to the inspector, and after selecting the
dataSource, find the columns property, click it, select the tool button,
and select which fields you want displayed (and what order you want them
in). Once you have done that, close the dialog, the grid will rearrange
(if needed), and you can work with each column by clicking on it, and
either manually setting the width, or depending on the version of dBASE
you're working with you may be able to shorten the width by dragging the
column heading ...

(There's a whole chapter on working with the grid in The dBASE Book ... :) )

Ken

--
*Ken Mayer*
dBASE Tutorial: http://www.goldenstag.net/dbase/Tutorial/00_Preface.htm