Subject Re: Grid
From Ken Mayer <dbase@nospam.goldenstag.net>
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2018 08:10:25 -0700
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 6/19/2018 5:51 AM, Rob Horsman wrote:
> Hello dBase friends
>
> I am making a personnel planner for a garage.
> The day is displayed on a line in a grid with colored time blocks.
> With the command leftdoubleklick I can open the whole record for the day
> in question.
> But is there a possibility to stand on a block (cell) and only show the
> info of the cell in question.

It's a little tricky, but you can work with the onLeftMouseUp event
handler, and assign code for that. But it needs to be assigned for each
grid column's editorControl. One suggestion would be that when building
the grid, you create the code for one column, and then assign a
reference to the same code for each column. You might do something like:

function editorControl_onLeftMouseUp(flags, col, row)
       ? "This.value: " + this.value
       // the actual code you would want to use to display
       // the event or events for that part of the grid
return

And once that is established as working, for each column:

with (columns["COLUMN1"].editorControl)
      onLeftMouseUp = class::EDITORCONTROL_ONLEFTMOUSEUP
endwith

with (columns["COLUMN2"].editorControl)
      onLeftMouseUp = class::EDITORCONTROL_ONLEFTMOUSEUP
endwith
// etc.

dBASE Tutorial: http://www.goldenstag.net/dbase/Tutorial/00_Preface.htm