Subject Re: sql code not working
From Mervyn Bick <invalid@invalid.invalid>
Date Fri, 15 Jun 2018 22:21:06 +0200
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 2018-06-15 8:43 PM, Charlie wrote:
> OK thanks.  I will try again.  Does taldata2.rowset have to be indexed.  I tried to index this using the property indexname and there was no index offered.  taldata1.rowset is indexed property.

As we are working with a virtual rowset, i.e it isn't held on disk as a
file, it isn't possible to create a normal dBASE index.  If necessary
you  could use an ORDER BY clause in the select statement but the lname
values should be in alphabetical order anyway.

Ordering the records in the rowset could be important if you needed to
print out a report of the entire table.  As you are focusing on one
record at a time either by moving the rowpointer with applyLocate() or
by reducing the rowset to a single record with a filter the actual order
of the records is immaterial.

Mervyn.