Subject Re: Different Operating System
From <rich@autotraker.com> <<rich@autotraker.com>>
Date Fri, 15 Jun 2018 10:36:48 -0400
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

dBASE and the BDE will only work with the Windows operating system.
I do regularly use Oracle VM VirtualBox on both my Windows and Linux boxes
for testing.
You can install any version of Windows from XP on to the latest version of
Win10 into that virtual machines.
So for example if you prefer to run Windows 7 just start VirtualBox, install
Windows 7 and install your dBASE into that virtual Windows 7 machine.
You can do the same using Linux as your host and then also use a virtual
Windows 7 machine.
I have one customer whose host machine is a MAC running our dBASE app in a
virtual Windows 7 machine.
If dBASE ever gets rid of the BDE we might we a Linux version of dBASE but
don't hold your breath for that. LOL
Rich....

"Michael"  wrote in message news:R50ZRVIBUHA.1828@ip-AC1E04A7...

In lieu of the latest windows updates that gives us grief everytime they
make changes, is there any product or operating system that can sit on top
of windows or run instead of windows to run dbase visual software.

Any ideas? I'm getting annoyed with windows.

Regards,

Michael.