Subject Re: update combobox datasource form another form
From Ken Mayer <dbase@nospam.goldenstag.net>
Date Fri, 8 Jun 2018 09:47:55 -0700
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 6/8/2018 8:27 AM, twall wrote:
> I have form a which contains a combobox data source field "Barnd"
> If this entry is not found it calls as second form where the entry can be added  without closing the first form.
> The second form will up date the data source for the second form.
> The second form is closed and allows use of the first form.
> How do I get the data  source for form 1 to update to reflect the new entry?

When the second form closes, the code returns back to form 1, add
something like:

     this.comboboxname.dataSource += ""

This forces a reevaluation of the data. If that doesn't work, you could
change it to:

     this.comboboxname.dataSource := this.comboboxname.dataSource

(comboboxname is the name of the combobox for form 1)

All of this presupposes you are opening form 2 modal ...

Ken

--
*Ken Mayer*
dBASE Tutorial: http://www.goldenstag.net/dbase/Tutorial/00_Preface.htm