Subject Re: Porting dBASE III to SQL?
From Andy Taylor <andy.taylor@which.net>
Date Thu, 17 May 2018 06:35:48 -0400
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

Scott,

As I'm sure you're aware dBASE III and SQL don't mix.

Moreover, if you're running the system on dBASE III on an old DOS based machine you may have more options than you think.

1) You could use dbDOS to run the system on a modern pc using a DOS virtual machine.
2) You could upgrade to dBASE 11.3 which will run MOST of what you already have on a modern pc without code changes (except for input screens which do need changes to code)
3) You could move to dBASE 11.3 and then port the tables to SQL while retaining dBASE 11.3 to deal with record management as happens presently (see Mervyn's answer).
4) Move to a completely different rdbms altogether.

People in these newsgroups will be able to help / provide advice but there is no quick & simple way of doing 2, 3 or 4.
Option 1) may allow you to keep things going easily if you don't want to change any functionality.

Good luck,
Andy