Subject Re: DBT CORRUPTED FILE - increase dimension to giga bytes
From Marilyn Price <marilyn@mpreflections.com>
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2018 12:35:03 -0600
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 3/19/2018 11:50 AM, fulvio wrote:
> I cannot attach a file as it is too enormous. For unknown reasons a DBT file increased in volumes up to more than a giga byte; the normal size of the DBT file I use on my old DBIV program is around sono KB. It is an old program developed in the 90's.   I wonder if there is any solution for resizing the corrupted file and eliminate those errors.

Don't know if it would help or not, but what used to help in this
situation back in the stone ages was to:

1) backup the old table, including .dbt and .mdx file, if any
2) in dBase, copy the old table to a new name (with production if
there's an .mdx file)
3) go out to the operating system and delete the .dbf, .dbt. and mdx files
4) back in dBase, copy the new table to the old name

This usually got rid of bloat in the .dbt file.

--
Marilyn Price
www.mpreflections.com