Subject Re: MENU TITLE in a FORM
From Andy Taylor <andy.taylor@which.net>
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2018 10:57:19 -0400
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

Mustansir,

The following two methods spring to mind:

Method 1
Use the following onClick code:
onClick = {;do opd.wfm with true, this.text}

and before the bootstrap code in opd.wfm put:

parameter bModal, cText
local f
f = new OpdForm()
f.text = cText
if (bModal)
   f.mdi = false // ensure not MDI
   f.readModal()
else
   f.open()
endif

Method 2 (no need to amend the bootstrap code)
onClick = {;_app.MyText=this.text; do opd.wfm with true}

include within the onOpen method of opd.wfm
form.text = _app.MyText

I think I prefer method 2 as it is simple.
There are other ways to do it that involve keeping form objects and their contents visible to other forms
but the programming effort is much more complex.

Regards,
Andy