Subject Re: KMDATEWITHCAL (dUFLP)
From Ken Mayer <dbase@nospam.goldenstag.net>
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2018 07:22:25 -0700
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 3/19/2018 1:25 AM, Mustansir Ghor wrote:
> Dear Ken Sir
>
> I am using kmdatewithcal.cc . An observation is made that once the date is updated in the DATEEF by onclick button of calendar it does not respond to a any methods like VALID, LOSTFOCUS etc.
>
> Can you advised what can be done to avail these methods

In the form designer, with valid (this is particularly important), you
need to set validRequired to true, or it won't require that the valid
event handler do anything.

I did some tinkering (also the next version, when you click a day, the
calendar will collapse/close, not sure why I didn't do that in the first
place).

Anyway, I tested this with valid, clicked on the entryfield itself in
the designer, selected the valid event in the inspector, and added this
code:

    function DATEEF_valid()
       bReturn = false
       if this.value == {} or this.value <= date() // less than or equal
to today
          bReturn = true
       endif
    return bReturn

I set "validRequired" to true, and set a simple message with
validMessage to "Date out of range". If the date field is empty, or if
it has a date less than or equal to today's date, all is well, focus is
allowed to leave the entryfield, otherwise it forces you back to the
entryfield ...

Works perfectly.

dBASE Tutorial: http://www.goldenstag.net/dbase/Tutorial/00_Preface.htm