From Akshat Kapoor <>
Date Sun, 11 Mar 2018 22:52:03 +0530
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 11/03/2018 18:15, Mustansir Ghor wrote:
> Dear Mervyn
> I did not have another query pointing to same table. Further I had used this joined query in command window, and in browse mode I was able to update the filed.
> Best Regards
> Mustansir

In such situations I would add another simple query (select * from table
) to the form giving you access to the table which needs to be updated.
You can refer to table x using n different queries if you so desire. All
n queries can have same/different sql.

sql = 'SELECT rapid.key_st,, rapid.item , rapid.descrip ,,inve.item , inve.descrip  FROM "rapid" LEFT JOIN inve ON
( AND rapid.item=inve.item AND
rapid.descrip=inve.descrip) order by rapid.key_st'

The above query cannot be edited so I had to add another query
sql = 'SELECT * FROM "rapid"'
to the form so that I could make changes to table rapid

You will have to navigate to the required record and this query being a
simple query can be edited using beginedit().
After save() you can requery() your main query

If in the near future you are intending to move to ado I would recommend
that you follow Mervyn's suggestion. So when you switch to ADO changes
required will be small.