Subject Re: Modal Form
From WJS <warra@nowhere.com>
Date Fri, 23 Feb 2018 14:37:18 +0200
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 2018/02/22 9:30 PM, Don wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I haven't done any coding in a while, but recently I started a project
> for myself. I plan to use a couple modal forms so I started to code them.
>
> I cant get one to pop up on my screen. I am using the standard boot
> strap code I find every where, but no luck, and I have twisted and
> turned it for a couple days.
>
> Can someone find my error here.
>
> Don

Don

If you already have a form designed as a wfm which you want to open
readmodal, you must load that form in memory before you can open it with
code like below.
Note: There *must* be at least one object on the form to open it readModal.

//There are two ways to open the form (say it's called Tester.wfm)
* 1)
Set procedure to Tester.wfm //Use the file name *with the extension*
local f
f = new TestReadmodalForm() //Use the form's *class* name here
f.mdi = false
f.width = 70
f.height = 10
f.autoCenter = true
f.readModal()
*
* 2)
//This is all that is needed to run an existing form. No need to load it
into memory.
*
//do Tester.wfm with true
*/

// NOTE: Nothing will happen with any code after the call to
'readModal()' *until* the form is closed.