Subject Re: SLOW OPENING MDX FILE
From Mervyn Bick <invalid@invalid.invalid>
Date Fri, 23 Feb 2018 12:01:31 +0200
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 2018-02-23 12:37 AM, ED FURCHE wrote:
> I HAVE THOUSANDS  OF PLACES WHERE I OPEN OR CHANGE AN MDX FILE (SET ORDER TO XXXXX).  IN MY TIMEKEEPING.WFM FORM, IT TAKES 15-20 SECONDS TO OPEN OR CHANGE IT.  (NO FILTER IN EFFECT AT THE TIME.)

Please turn the %"@@% CapsLock off when you post in these newsgroups.
ALL CAPS is considered to be shouting.

Most of us (certainly I do) get pissed off when shouted at and are,
therefore, quite likely going to ignore such messages.  Besides that,
ALL CAPS is harder to read than lower case.  People read by recognising
the "picture" of words and get far more practice on lowercase in day to
day reading.  As a result reading lowercase is more comfortable then
reading ALL CAPS.

What version of dBASE?

What version of Windows?

How many records in the table?

Has the table been packed recently?

How many tags are in the .mdx file?

Do all tags take as long to take effect?

If only one tag is causing the problem what is it's index expression?

Mervyn.