Subject Re: _pdriver does not work
From Mervyn Bick <invalid@invalid.invalid>
Date Thu, 22 Feb 2018 10:49:42 +0200
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 2018-02-22 9:33 AM, Mustansir Ghor wrote:
> Dear Mervyn
>
> Thanks for help, and we will not leave you till end.
>
> We can rule out parallel port option for a moment since in future computers we are not anticipating this port to be there.
>
> Looking at report engine , In the printer property we can set  paper size. In the listing I did not find custom size. Therefore although I set my pagetemplate to H = 4" and W = 8.5", the paper size still remained Letter (11" x 8.5").
>
> With Some experiment on MSword printing, on printer setup , using its property button I could set custom size paper. Applying this with chooseprinter() i was able to successfully get paper size. Later on opening form on design mode, it showed printer property papersize = 128. I dont  know what 128 represents.

128 is a value your printer has assigned internally to the custom paper
size you have created.   If you ever change to a different make of
printer it is possible that this number will change.  On my little Canon
printer for instance setting a custom paper size gives the pagesize
value as 256.

Don't worry about it unless you install your program on computers which
use a different make of printer.

Mervyn.