Subject Re: _pdriver does not work
From Mervyn Bick <invalid@invalid.invalid>
Date Wed, 21 Feb 2018 21:55:21 +0200
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 2018-02-21 8:51 PM, Mustansir Ghor wrote:
> Dear Mervyn
>
> Thank you sir. You are too resourceful. Hats off to you. The manual did make many openings. Do you think using USB port printer will respond to ESC/P2 sequence. If it does bravo.
>
> Further many EPSON laser printers prints printer drivers on the test page. Do we have to use this driver in dbase _pdriver setting to make use of ESC/P2 sequence or how to ensure dbase will successfully send ESC/P2 to printer for these printers.

Back in the days when I was using dot-matrix printers to print streamed
output there weren't any USB ports.  There actually wasn't Windows
either. :-)

Most printers used a parallel port although there were some printers
which used serial ports.  At one stage I had a printer which had a
parallel port and a serial port although I never used the serial port.

Windows printer drivers and WINSPOOL apparently don't pass control codes
through to the printer.  You may need to install the Generic Text
printer driver and then select that when you need to stream output.

Unless someone else can help you, I'm afraid you're on your own here.

Mervyn.