Subject Re: DBT files
From Ronnie MacGregor <No_Sp@m.Thanks>
Date Sun, 18 Feb 2018 10:59:50 -0000
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

In article <QJLbZDDqTHA.904@ip-AC1E04A7>, bmbkinney721@comcast.net says...

> recapture them from "garbage bin " which I did w/about 90% recovery.

Check your garbage can again and recover as much as you can in this way.

Files that have been permanently deleted, have not actually been deleted from
your hard drive, rather the entry in the file allocation table has been
deleted, and the disk space occupied by those files is now available to be
written over.

Time is if the essence here, and really you should have done no further work at
all until data recovery was complete, as every "save" risks overwriting your
deleted files.

All may not be completely lost, but the more time that has passed along with
the more work that has been done must reduce the degree of optimism that you
might still recover something.

Download PC Inspector File Recovery v4.0

https://pc-inspector-file-recovery.en.softonic.com

Use it, and save any output to another hard drive, or USB drive.

The software above is pretty good at stitching together bits of files where
there is fragmentation, and while there are low level disk utilities that will
let you see what is actually stored on the disk surface sector by sector, I
cannot recall how long ago it was that I last had to resort to this approach.
It was bad enough in the days of 20MB hard drives (yes.... 2o MegaBytes !! ....
I was only two years old obviously !! <g>) but doesn't bear thinking about with
todays TeraByte Drives !!!

Regular data backups are essential for anything you value, and really and truly
you need to perform an extra data backup before you set out to do any "tidying
up" or other moving / reorganisation / deleting.

--
Ronnie MacGregor
Scotland

Ronnie at