Subject Re: Overwrite Memory File
From Norman Snowden <duluth@msn.com>
Date Sat, 17 Feb 2018 14:21:19 -0500
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

Norman Snowden Wrote:

> I  wrote a second version of program which is similar to the first. Both programs use a memory file called plot.mem. At the end of each program  the code line includes : Save all to plot.mem to save data to be used on a commonly used Form called Plot.wfm.
> When I run the second Form I get the message: Plot.mem already exists. Overwrite? Yes or No. The answer is always Yes because new data may have been generated.
> However, I have found that if the first program is loaded without even being Run and then  closed out, when the second program is Run I do not get the message
> How can I avoid this message when I Run the second program independently?
> Thanks to anyone,
> Norman Snowden

Case Solved! I forgot that the Command SET Safety OFF should have been included. I found the answer in Alan Simpson's classic dBASE IV 4 1.1 Book

A problem further: Using Plus 10 every time I started to type SET ... the Program crashed! Message was" dBASE has encountered an internal error and must close"

I also have Plus 11 and using it I was able to type in SET SAFET OFF successfully.

I don't use Plus 11 normally because in it Message Boxes are extremely slow to Appear and  also extremely slow to disappear!

Thanks,
Norman