Subject Re: Can't open blob files
From Heinz Kesting <Nobody@Nowhere.com>
Date Mon, 12 Feb 2018 23:45:33 +0100
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

Hi Bob,
> Hi Henz:  Bingo!!!  I was able to restore every important DBT.  I did not remember about the DBT files.  At 94, things slip away.  Many thanks.........Bob

You're welcome, thanks for the success report!
Now that you've mentioned it - I wonder what life would be for me at 94
... it tops the famous line
'will you still need me, will you still feed me when I'm 64'
by incredible 30! years ...
however, I really doubt that I'll be working on dbase forms then, if I
live to see that day ... lucky you!

The only files in the dBase file system that you can delete without
causing trouble are those whose extensions end with the letter O.
They are the compiled files which are actually executed when you run a
form, program, report etc. They are re-compiled each time you have
modified the source code, and, if not present, would be re-created.
Thus, as long as your source code files are well, no problem here.

Making sure to have daily backups could be the next good idea ...

All the best to you!
Kind regards, Heinz