Subject Re: How to use a Dbase app on two geographically diverse locations
From Akshat Kapoor <akshat.kapoor@kapoorsons.in>
Date Thu, 18 Jan 2018 12:49:00 +0530
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 13/01/2018 20:38, Ken Mayer wrote:
> On 1/13/2018 6:25 AM, Akshat Kapoor wrote:
>> On 13/01/2018 18:38, Ronnie MacGregor wrote:
>>> In article <6HRfZUFjTHA.1828@ip-AC1E04A7>,
>>> akshat.kapoor@kapoorsons.in says...
>>> Good stuff !!
>>>

>> Another small query
>>
>> Question 1.
>> If I use the executesql method of ADOdatabase what will be the
>> limitations of sql command,
>> 1. Subset of SQL provided by BDE
>> 2. Limitations of SQL Server if any. All commands taught by w3schools
>> are allowed
>
> executeSQL() bypasses the BDE and sends information to the server.
> ADODatabase is meant to bypass the BDE as well, so that should take it
> out of the equation.
>
>> Question 2
>> Difference between Query class and ADOquery Class
>>
>> As far as my limited knowledge goes Query class uses BDE for its
>> operations whereas in case of ADOquery the query is passed on to the
>> SQL server directly for processing.
>
> Same as above.
>
> Ken

Thank You Ronnie, Ken , Mervyn

I was successful in converting one of my forms to use MariaDB of Xampp.

Leaving the issue of date it is working fine on local and client computers.

For date the sql server accepts yyyy-mm-dd format and I have been using
dd-mm-yyyy.
Using set date to ansi alters the date of form.header.mdate.value from
18.01.2018 to 11.07.2023
will have to use something on the pattern of
str(year(mdate),4,0)+"-"+str(month(mdate),2,0,0).....

Will do it tonight.

Regards
Akshat