Subject Re: How to use a Dbase app on two geographically diverse locations
From Akshat Kapoor <>
Date Sat, 13 Jan 2018 15:28:42 +0530
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 13/01/2018 00:30, Ronnie MacGregor wrote:
> In article <t6yAXS9iTHA.1828@ip-AC1E04A7>, says...
>> \\Windows-2l0igcp\c\dbasetutorial\muneem\
>  From the above line I can see that your server name or machine name is :
> Windows-2l0igcp
>> but failed with all of the following lines
>> dbServer = "//"
>> dbServer = upper("\localhost")
>> dbServer = upper("\\Windows-2l0igcp\localhost")
> Of course these will fail.
> The constant "localhost" equates to which is basically a loopback
> connector to the machine that you are working on.
> So using localhost or or the local machine name, may all very well
> work on the stand alone machine in front of you, but it isn't going to work for
> any remote machine.
> dbServer = ""
> This might very well work, but the IP address is more likely to change than the
> machine name.
> dbServer = "Windows-2l0igcp"
> Try this one . . . . . and you stand a better chance !!

I googled the error message and found that numerous other people had
also experienced the same problem.

A litle bit of reading and narrowed down the solution. I had allowed
access to the user from local host only.

In case of php data is always accessed as local host.

Modified the user access and now the connection was successful.

Thanks once again for the help.
and sorry for disturbing.