Subject Re: canNavigate method
From Akshat Kapoor <akshat.kapoor@kapoorsons.in>
Date Sat, 13 Jan 2018 11:32:07 +0530
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 13/01/2018 01:55, Mustansir Ghor wrote:
> Dear All
>
> I am using following method in the combobox
>
>   function CBFIND_onChange()
>     form.service.rowset.findkey(this.value)
>   return
>
> But I find this method to create conflict with form_CanNavigate method. It gives error Too many  DO/UDF and hangs.
>
> Of course both are used for different purpose. without form CanNavigate,  Combobox method works fine. I use Form Navigation to save/Abandon current record if it is modified. Both method applies to same rowset
>
> If Anybody can help with  alternative solution
>
> Best Regards
> Mustansir

I have found the combobox onChangeCommitted event to give better response.
onChange fires even when you use the arrow key to navigate (even though
You have not committed the change). So it may be a case of multiple
firing of the same event.

Try using the onChangeCommitted event.
In the constructor code of your combobox there will be a line similar to

       onChange = class::CBFIND_onChange

in the code editor change it to

onChangeCommitted = class::CBFIND_onChange

Give it a try. If it succeeds then okay otherwise you  can easily revert
back.

Regards
Akshat