Subject Re: grid problem
From Akshat Kapoor <akshat.kapoor@kapoorsons.in>
Date Sat, 16 Dec 2017 23:03:18 +0530
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 16/12/2017 16:18, Charlie wrote:
> Hi Akshat.. I'll bet that is it.  I don't know how to use beginedit() and beginappend().  I think I encountered this before but can't remember how it was resolved.  Here is the sql code:  this.CONVSHOP1 = new QUERY(this)
>     with (this.CONVSHOP1)
>        left = 56.0
>        database = form.train1
>        sql = "select * from CONVSHOP order by location"
>        active = true
>     endwith
> Thanks for your help!!!

I hope you must have read the replies by now and got a solution from that.

Personally I do not prefer editing in a grid as scope of validity checks
is finished. And matters get more complicated if locks are involved over
network.

I will suggest you go through Ken's tutorial at
http://www.goldenstag.net/dbase/Tutorial/06_Reports.htm

This link will take you to reports section. Navigate to the first page
and start preferably from the first page.

Developing a form with data linked entryfields is very easy. You just
have to drag and drop. It is labeling / placement and other similar
tasks that take up most of the time.
And the last task is coding events for validity checks etc. That is up
to you, the extent to which you want validity checks is upto you.

Regards
Akshat