Subject Re: Inquiry on the new dbase plus 11
From michael <michael@abstractservices.com.au>
Date Mon, 20 Nov 2017 17:30:51 -0500
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

Hi James I thought you would have a million questions. Theres alot of things to take into account but works extremely well. I dont think Dbase was really developed for this but because of the mountain of legacy software i had, i had to find solutions.

Theres a couple of tricks along the way which I will drop a direct email to you.

Important points to note:

1. Windows 10 reacts totally different to the same comands that would work nicely in prior versions so be ready to change your code. You may see other posts I wrote earlier in the knowledge base.

2. Only use windows based tablets, windows 7 was the best but works with windows 10 with no issues. Android tablets can work but are too slow and troublesome

3. Your code will need to be structured similar to client/server structure with local information as well as central information of the server.

4. All information is kept on the server in different folders, Seperate windows uses will need to be created and share the same folder but also have a seperate folder for the local information on a tablet.

5. You can fix the IP address for the seperate pc's or just user the server domain name and windows user name. To log into the seperate users use the standard free Microsoft remote desktop program which is downloaded via the windows store. Its the orange icon one.

Bare these factors in mind when writing your code. I will draw you a structure and email you directly.

The guys here have helped for years, im glad I can give something back.

Cheers,

Michael.