Subject How to Catch In Use By another error?
From Michael <michael@abstractservices.com.au>
Date Sun, 19 Nov 2017 22:15:34 -0500
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

Hi Guys,

I need some help. I am polling a folder waiting for a file to be written to it, so im sitting in a do while loop using if f.exists(filename) then proceed.

The problem I have is sometimes the f.exists picks up the file is being written so I get a true status and not complete yet or closed and I get a Īn Use By Another"error message.

Ive tried to use  a try and catch exception and finally to continue but im still getting the error.

The question is how do I or what could I use to see if the file exists but is closed so that i do not get an error?

Im using windows 7 or windows 10 and Dbase 11.00

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Michael.