Subject Re: Update
From Akshat Kapoor <akshat.kapoor@kapoorsons.in>
Date Sat, 21 Oct 2017 15:05:01 +0530
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 19/10/2017 20:42, Bob McKinney wrote:
> Hi Alshat:  thanks for the CB.  Code would really help.  Have been of and on w/db since dbll  before Dos.  At 94, the memory part is a little slippery. thanks again......Bob

Hi Bob,
I would require a lot of info to write the code. How to compare the
records , are there any other dependencies etc etc. so it is not
practically possible for me to write a code for you.

In my app I store a starting point values and have built a module to
repost the transactions. So if any of my files gets corrupt I simply
replace it with the backup and process all the transactions. So every
sales row deducts the inventory and purchase row increases the inventory.

Updation of one table is not the issue it can be done easily as Mervyn
has said it is the ripple effect that cause the basic problems.

Regards
Akshat