Subject Re: GRID DISPLAY
From Heinz Kesting <Nobody@Nowhere.com>
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2017 22:21:12 +0200
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

Hi Mustansir

> The information were very useful. Thank you

You're welcome.

> But interesting question came to mind. Assume billsort query was acitve at design time and later, and when this billsort = mq1 where mq1 is also an active query.

I am afraid I've never seen, let alone done such a thing, and I am not
really sure what actually is happening when you issue this line of code.
But, there is something in the back of my mind telling me that this is
not a good idea. Maybe I'm wrong, but ...

  Does this will make an impact on wherever there is datalnk to billsort
rowset.

No idea, not even what results this is producing at all ...

  Second if both these queries were pointing to one table billsort at
initial and mq1 with table modified. If I had not used billsort = mq1,
will billsort query had these ammendments reflected when mq1 was modified.

In a 'normal' situation, with 2 queries pointing to the same table and
both queries are live, you should see the modified values in the other
query after navigation or other methods of row refreshing.
Say you modify row 3 in query A while query B is displaying row 10. Now
you save row 3 in query A and then navigate in query B to this row 3.
Now the changes should show up in query B as it is reading the values
from disk.
However, things might be much more complicated. A whole bunch of other
aspcts may come into the picture, you would want to look at
cacheUpdates, notifyControls, refresh(), refreshControls(),
refreshRow(), the locking of rows and rowsets if you work in network
environments, just to mention some.

With queries where you set requestLive = false, you would need to
requery the rowset before the changes would appear.

Maybe I miss the point what you want to achieve with

billsort = mq1

but from my point of view I would avoid such a construct. I simply would
use 2 queries and requery each one on demand.

Kind regards, Heinz