Subject Run as Administrator problem
From Charles <drgraham@midmichiro.com>
Date Tue, 10 Oct 2017 13:09:35 -0400
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

I am running Windows 10 on my laptop with both dBASE 10 and 11 installed.  I haven't had to do any programming for a while, but both apps were working well in the past as long as I ran them as an Administrator.

I needed to write an app and managed to get version 10 (the latest version) to run after many tries (11 never did) and got part of an app completed yesterday.  However, today, when trying to use either dB 10 or 11, neither will load when using the Run as Administrator option is used.  Without using the Run as Admininstrator I am unable to save anything to the hard drive.  I get a read only error when attempting to save a record or changes to the app.

I have both dBASE 10 and 11 as allowed past the Windows firewall, but neither will work now.  What can I do to get these applications to work using the Run as Administrator command?