Subject Re: web wizard reports- thanks for the suggestions
From Ken Mayer <dbase@nospam.goldenstag.net>
Date Sun, 24 Sep 2017 21:41:06 -0700
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 9/24/2017 2:16 PM, Charlie wrote:
> OK.. Hey thanks for the suggestions.  I was trying to figure out if there may be a problem with the html conversion or possibly with my report.  I'm going to fool around with this.  Maybe I can find out exactly what is happening.  It really would be nice if the wizards work.  I can't imagine that anyone would want to use them if the results look this bad!!!

Charlie --

The problem is that when converting to HTML there are a TON of issues
with font conversions and all that. It's not an easy thing to do, and
even more fun is that while HTML is supposed to be standardized, each
browser has its own interpretation of HTML, and sometimes the
differences can really make things tough. Add to it that if you use a
specific font, unless your client has the exact same font on their
machine, the report won't look right. This is not an easy thing to do,
and at a certain point there is no way code can handle human decisions
on "what looks good".

I'm just saying this to get it out there. This may sound like it should
just work, but it's not as simple as that.

dBASE Tutorial: http://www.goldenstag.net/dbase/Tutorial/00_Preface.htm