Subject Re: Automated DBF export to CSV
From Mervyn Bick <invalid@invalid.invalid>
Date Fri, 22 Sep 2017 23:56:37 +0200
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 2017-09-22 10:05 PM, Tom McDermott wrote:
> Mervyn
> The code you gave me provides a good CSV file -- thank you!!
> Is there a way to automate this process into an EXE?
> Any guidance is really appreciated.

I'm glad to hear that.  It means that you are not dealing with any memo
fields.  It does, however, not place the fieldnames in the first record
of the .csv file.  Although it can replace the double quote with a pipe
as the delimiter I have a feeling that you wanted the pipe to replace
the comma used as a separator between field values.  If this is the case
the code I gave you can't do it.  It is, however, not difficult to do if
that is what you want.  It will just take a few lines of code to do it.

To allow the EXE to be run on a schedule without operator input the
program must be able to know which .dbf file to process.  If the daily
.dbf file always has the same name, the name can be hard-coded.

If the daily .dbf file has a date as part of the name then that is easy
enough to deal with and the output file can be created with the same
name but with the .csv extension.

If the daily .dbf name changes can you give us two or three examples?

Mervyn.