Subject Re: Automated DBF export to CSV
From Ken Mayer <dbase@nospam.goldenstag.net>
Date Fri, 22 Sep 2017 05:43:03 -0700
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 9/22/2017 1:35 AM, Mervyn Bick wrote:
> On 2017-09-22 7:49 AM, Ness Stephens wrote:
>> The usvout.prg in the dUFLP will allow you to export memo field and
>> change separator
>
> Indeed it can.  This is the program I had in mind when I mentioned "code
> in the dUFLP" in my fist message.  It handles changing the separator,
> includes memo fields, excludes _dbaselock fields as well as OLR and
> BINARY fields and can include fieldnames as the first record of the
> output file.   The only thing it can't do (at the moment :-) ) is change
> the delimiter.
>
> As Tom is happy with the yyyymmdd date format in the output file all it
> needs is possibly a slight change to invoke a different delimiter and a
> simple wrapper to accept a .dbf name so that it can create a rowset to
> pass to usvout.prg.

It is also possible that he has the standard confusion between
delimiters and separators. If he wants pipes as delimiters (which is a
little weird), fine, but if he wants them as separators (between
fields), that's a different story ...

I could have sworn with COPY there was an option to output the
fieldnames as the first record, but cannot find it. It's been a long
time since I needed that.

There is also code in EXPORTDATA.WFM in the dUFLP, but I have to take
off and get my wife to work ... so no time right now to look at it.

dBASE Tutorial: http://www.goldenstag.net/dbase/Tutorial/00_Preface.htm