Subject Re: SQL WHERE Clause Not Working Since Upgrade to Plus 11
From Mervyn Bick <invalid@invalid.invalid>
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2017 16:52:05 +0200
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 2017-09-20 3:34 PM, Ken Mayer wrote:
> On 9/20/2017 6:30 AM, Akshat Kapoor wrote:
>>> This is incorrect. There is an application-wide setting:
>>>
>>> set autonullfields off // means don't use nulls
>>> set autonullfields onĀ  // means use nulls
>>>
>>> queryname.rowset.autoNullFields := false // turn off null fields for
>>> a specific rowset object
>>>

>> This works. I just checked it.
>>
>> Maybe I was over cautious in assigning values to each and every field
>> after beginappend()
>>
>> As null plays havoc with coding and have seen multiple cases on the
>> newsgroup due to this
>
> Well, you're doing more work than needed, honestly. The autoNullFields
> setting works perfectly ...

Set autonullfields off works with oRowset.beginAppend() but it doesn't
work where the localSQL INSERT is used.

To deal with network performance issues Akshat is using the localSQL
commands instead of the rowset methods so always writing an appropriate
default value where he's not actually saving a specific value to a field
is extra work but it's not really overkill. :-)

If the default values are set by using the Inspector from the table
designer these values get written into the .dbf header and they are
written to the table records by the localSQL INSERT command.

Mervyn.