Subject Re: SQL WHERE Clause Not Working Since Upgrade to Plus 11
From Akshat Kapoor <akshat.kapoor@kapoorsons.in>
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2017 13:33:19 +0530
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started
Attachment(s) notnull.prg

On 19/09/2017 08:53, Bryce Westover wrote:
> My SQL statement that has worked for years in Plus 9 is failing in Plus 11:
> sql = 'select * from :Films101:Films101 WHERE Country = " "'
>
> It works as expected without the WHERE clause, but not with.
>
> Thanks

Dear Bryce,
I can assure you that WHERE is working very well in Plus 11.
As Ken mentioned please check for null values.
I am using WHERE with params and there is no problem.

I am attaching a program that can check your table for null values and
replace them with empty values like spaces for characters etc.

It is not a general purpose program and you will have to alter the sql
command to point to the right table. At present it points to one of my
tables.

Needless to say please create a backup before running this program.

After running this notnull.prg retry your query with WHERE clause. If it
works then we know Null values are the culprit.

Regards
Akshat