Subject Re: apache
From David Ball <No.SPAM@All.com>
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2017 13:36:43 -0400
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

Hi Charlie

Good to hear that you survived. Sounds like you're on a laptop; I hope the
battery holds out for you.

Apache.org no longer provides Windows binaries directly, but they do provide
some links to where you can get it:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/platform/windows.html#down

I am familiar with ApacheHaus and ApacheLounge - both provide stable
executables with no wrappers or malware.

I did try XAMPP - it has Apache bundled with mysql and php, etc. -
installation was very easy and it worked as I recall but when things went
wrong, it was very difficult to track down where the problem was because
they did all the configuration behind the scenes. I was not able to do
things as I wanted, so I went back to plain vanilla Apache.

You will have to do some reading so that you can choose the correct version
for your machine.

Good luck!
David Ball
www.dBASEHost.com

"Charlie"  wrote in message news:45sXnM#KTHA.1896@ip-AC1E04A7...

Not sure if my post went through so I'll repeat.  I apologize if this is a
duplication.

We survived Irma.  Have no power or water but doing OK otherwise.

In reading up on web wizards it mentions installing an apache server and
says it is supplied on the dbase plus disk.  I have a feeling that is for a
prior version as I can't find anything on the dbase 10 version I have.

Should I just download from apache.org?

Thanks for any help!!