Subject Re: DBASE HELP PROGRAM
From Mervyn Bick <invalid@invalid.invalid>
Date Fri, 8 Sep 2017 22:46:19 +0200
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 2017-09-08 9:28 PM, Mustansir Ghor wrote:
> Dear All
>
> In the help menu of Dbase Plus , you find SQL reserve words in the Language reference -> local SQL  topic. However there no link from there and/or examples to show how these reserved words are to be used. Of course many are explained in Local SQL as seperate topic but can I know how to get details use of function CAST

The list of reserved words is there so that you know what words you
should avoid using when, for instance, you name fields in tables.

As an example, if you create a table using the dBASE table designer you
can name a field DATE without a problem.   Later when you try to use
DATE in a SQL statement you will find that you get an error.  There is a
way to get around this but it is a nuisance so it is better to avoid
using the reserved words from the start.

The localSQL help file is at
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Borland\BDE\localsql.hlp but, if you
are using Windows 10, you will need to patch and install a version of
Winhelp32.exe from Windows XP.  There is a thread in the how-to
newsgroup that deals with this.

Mervyn.