Subject Re: query our forms.bject
From Ken Mayer <dbase@nospam.goldenstag.net>
Date Sat, 19 Aug 2017 21:15:09 -0700
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 8/19/2017 9:42 AM, Mustansir A Ghor wrote:
> Dear Ken Sir
>
> Thank you all. I was using temporary table and updating shared file with Pushbutton. But to create a temporary replica table (if not available in current folder) I was using original table from shared resource. The problem comes that if you run the form with navigator pointing to shared resources database then original table is used instead of temporary table. For IDE you can change to current folder and re run but in application someone run the form from shared resources than it is problem.  How to address this issue.

Create two database aliases with different names, one pointing to the
shared resource, and one to the temporary location. Make sure your code
points to the correct database alias as needed.

dBASE Books: http://www.goldenstag.net/dbase/Books/dBASEBooks.htm dBASE
Tutorial: http://www.goldenstag.net/dbase/Tutorial/00_Preface.htm