Subject Re: query our forms.bject
From Akshat Kapoor <akshat.kapoor@kapoorsons.in>
Date Sat, 19 Aug 2017 23:11:53 +0530
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 19/08/2017 22:12, Mustansir A Ghor wrote:
> Dear Ken Sir
>
> Thank you all. I was using temporary table and updating shared file with Pushbutton. But to create a temporary replica table (if not available in current folder) I was using original table from shared resource. The problem comes that if you run the form with navigator pointing to shared resources database then original table is used instead of temporary table. For IDE you can change to current folder and re run but in application someone run the form from shared resources than it is problem.  How to address this issue.
>
> Best Regards
> Mustansir

You must be using a fixed name for temp file.
use funique() to generate unique file name for every instance.
use create ..... to create a temp table with this file name in
form_onopen and delete the file after processing the records as per need
in form_onclose / canClose.

Use temp file for remote as well as local connection. This will solve
your problems related to locks in rowset. As each file name is unique.

Regards
Akshat