Subject Re: query our forms.bject
From Ken Mayer <dbase@nospam.goldenstag.net>
Date Sat, 19 Aug 2017 08:26:49 -0700
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 8/19/2017 8:02 AM, Akshat Kapoor wrote:
> On 19/08/2017 13:30, Mustansir Ghor wrote:
>> Dear Akshat
>>
>> Thank you. The information are very useful.
>>
>> This implies that we store information in memory variables and use
>> beginappend()  and save() method to save data to tables. I am using
>> Grid (4 column) in form to collect data so if I unlink then, how to
>> collect data. Can we assign array to grid?
>>
>> Regards
>> Mustansir
>>

> As far as I know array cannot be assigned to the grid.
>
> More experienced programmers will be able to tell you better.

You are correct. You can use a temporary table instead of an array, if
needed.

> The problem should not be there in case of append but edit ........
>
> and if any user leaves his desk for a loo / lunch break without closing
> the app

Honestly, in most cases, I am not sure there is a need to separate the
controls from the table. I know for some folk this makes sense, but
dBASE's object oriented data controls handle most situations pretty well.

Kenn

dBASE Books: http://www.goldenstag.net/dbase/Books/dBASEBooks.htm dBASE
Tutorial: http://www.goldenstag.net/dbase/Tutorial/00_Preface.htm