Subject Re: CODEBLOCK IN DETAIL BAND
From Mervyn Bick <invalid@invalid.invalid>
Date Fri, 21 Jul 2017 23:05:48 +0200
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 2017-07-21 7:48 PM, Mustansir Ghor wrote:
> Dear Mervyn
>
> In the below statement this.text was understood. But other this is unclear. As we know top of container is form.
>
> this.text = this.form.YourQueryName.rowset.fields["resultl"].value

In both cases 'this' is the text1 object.  The second 'this' is not
required and strictly speaking should give an error as text1 does not
have a form property.  As it does work without an error it appears that
dBASE is ignoring it.

It would be syntactically more correct to use

this.text = form.YourQueryName.rowset.fields["resultl"].value

Mervyn.