Subject Re: logical field check box behavior in a grid
From Heinz Kesting <Nobody@Nowhere.com>
Date Sun, 25 Jun 2017 15:18:37 +0200
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

Hi Mervyn,

> I'm afraid, in dBASE 11 certainly, it doesn't work that way.  Even if a
> tickbox shows the tick it still normally needs two clicks to change it's
> value.
>
> Attached is an amended version of the example I posted for Charlie. This
> uses the query syntax that dBASE 2.8 will digest.  I haven't bothered to
> change the file and class names as either will work for Charlie.
> Selecting the second radiobutton leaves the grid in its default condition.

Yes, you're right. Our posts had crossed, so I didn't read your's before
sending mine. After that I took the time to work up a small test form
and see the same behaviour Charlie is complaining about.
However, there's a difference with a 'standalone' checkbox, this control
is responding at the first click, but it can't be a replacement for
Charlie, as he actually wans to work in a grid.

Sorry, no better idea here ...

Kind regards, Heinz