Subject Re: logical field check box behavior in a grid
From Heinz Kesting <Nobody@Nowhere.com>
Date Sun, 25 Jun 2017 14:32:55 +0200
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

Hi Charliem
> I was wondering if there is a way to allow the user to click once on a checkbox in a grid and have checkbox = true without having to click twice??  As a matter of fact in all my grids I have to click twice then click on another field in order to have the checkbox act like it is true.
>
> I'd love to find a way to have the checkbox become truly true after only one click on the check box.  Is this possible????

Probably you will have this checkbox on your grid datalinked, to a
logical field. If so, and if the field value itself is still empty, that
is NEITHER TRUE nor FALSE, then it would be WAD. (That's the case with a
new or untouched logical field, if you haven't assigned a default field
value.)
In this case, the first click sets the value from "nothing" (or "empty")
to FALSE, and only the second click reverses that to TRUE.

Check this behaviour with a row where you know that the field value is
definitely FALSE or TRUE. With such a row you should get the reversing
value with just ONE click.
If so, set all these empty field values in that particular table to
FALSE as a default.
As I am still working with db+ 2.8 and your version is 10.xx, I don't
need to take the trouble to test for myself, my results wouldn't help
your case.

Just my two cents ...
Kind regards, Heinz