Subject Re: allowing user to change or add an alias
From Mervyn Bick <invalid@invalid.invalid>
Date Wed, 21 Jun 2017 13:54:51 +0200
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 2017-06-20 11:30 PM, Charlie wrote:
> Hi Mervyn...
>
> Are you saying that previous (10.3.1) versions don't work?  I noticed that on the dbase page 10.3.1 is the latest for dbase.  Runtime seems to match it at 10.3.1.  I don't think it did before!!!  Not sure.  Could have they added that due to problems?

No, I didn't say that BDEAlias.cc doesn't work with dBASE 10.3.1.  I
said that BDEAlias.cc didn't work for me with dBASE 11.2.1 although i
did work for Ken.

I found that after I'd installed dBASE 11.3 that BDEALias worked as
expected.   I then tried my little program in dBASE 10.3.1 and it failed.

After I had reinstalled dBASE 10.3.1 BDEAlias worked. Bingo!

Went back to dBASE 11.3 and the program hangs dBASE.  Another reinstall
of dBASE 11.3 and all is well again.  I guess installing dBASE and the
BDE sets some flag that ties the BDE to the version of dBASE most
recently installed.

I'm always reluctant to suggest reinstalling software but in this case
it is probably justified.  Reinstalling dBASE 10.3.1 oveeeer you
existing installation should only take a few minutes and it shouldn#t
upset anything.

Mervyn.