Subject Re: Filter in rowset
From Akshat Kapoor <akshat.kapoor@kapoorsons.in>
Date Fri, 19 May 2017 23:08:51 +0530
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 19/05/2017 14:48, Juan Antonio wrote:
> /*
> // -----------------------
>  I'm trying to make a filter in a rowset of a Query by comparing the value of one field with another.
>
> It works if I do it in an SQL statement
>   "Select * from table1 where field1> field2"
>
> In the Filter help says it can be put as in the WHERE clause of a SQL SELECT.
>
>   But when I do the same with a filter it gives me error "operation not applicable"
>
> Can anybody help me ?
>
> Thanks in advance

Was experimenting further
       filter := "field1 > 22"
works well but
       filter := "field1 > field2" doesnot work.
It seems right hand side must be a fixed value for filter to work, It
cannot be another field.
Senior programmers will be able to tell you better.

Anyway try the canGetRow event. You can build even complex filters using
this event.

Regards
Akshat