Subject Re: HOW BAR CODE SCANNER WORKS WITH DBASE
From Akshat Kapoor <akshat.kapoor@kapoorsons.in>
Date Fri, 19 May 2017 09:38:53 +0530
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 19/05/2017 01:01, Mustansir Ghor wrote:
> Dear All
>
> Any guidelines as to how bar code scanner is treated for inputs.
>
> I mean all stock controls respond to either keyboard and mouse. But i wonder at POS counter when products are scanned by the bar code scanner where and how this input is captured in dbase and by what objects.
>
> Similarly if one has to print labels for product code as Bar code print how this can be achieved in Dbase
>
> Best Regards
> Mustansir

I have not tested in Dbase but bar code scanners should enter the read
text into the field that has focus. The problem will be proceeding to
next field i.e. pressing enter through program.

There was some discussion on this issue but I do not remember when and
which group.

As for printing Bar Code you can use labels. Design them just like as if
you were printing text and change the font of the bar code line to bar
code font.

You may have to add * at the beginning and the end for the code to be
readable by scanner. I do not remember the exact sequence had worked on
it long ago.

Regards
Akshat