Subject Success!!!!
From Charlie <tm@tc.com>
Date Sun, 14 May 2017 16:54:48 -0400
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

I have compared my .iss file with others and found that in all others this is not in them at least under this heading:

[dBASERuntime]
#define SM_dBASERuntime "true"
#define dBPlus "true"
#define dBSeparat "false"
#define Resource "false"
#define dBASELang "EN"
#define dBaseRuntimeInstDir "C:\Program Files (x86)\dBASE\Plus10\Runtime\PLUS1031Runtime-b2504_ALL.exe"
#define dBaseRuntimeInstVer "2504"
#define dBaseRuntimeDir "C:\Program Files (x86)\dBASE\Plus10\Runtime"
#define dBaseBuild "2488"
#define dBaseVersion "1020"
#define BDEGroupEntries "false"
#define dBProgressbar "false"
#define dBProgressbox "false"
#define dBSilent "false"
#define dBUninstall "true"
#define dBDestRuntime "{app}"  ;added app  was blank 4/22
#define dBDestBDE "{cf}\Boarland\BDE"  ;was ""
#define dBMainFile "Golf League.exe"
#define DBuac "0"
#define dbVista ""
#define UninsHS "true"
#define UninsHSLanguages "DE EN IT ES FR"
#define UninsHSExeDir "C:\Program Files (x86)\dBASE\Plus10\Runtime\Include\Utilities\UnInsHs"
#include "C:\Program Files (x86)\dBASE\Plus10\Runtime\Include\dbaseRuntime.inc"

So I tried deleting this whole section (not really thinking it would work so everything is backed up).  I did have some trouble running the file with anything defined in this section but I deleted any problem as well.

Finally I was able to run the file successfully.  Before I was getting 3 warnings at the bottom of the script after running it.  These are not popping up now.

What this does is it eliminates the dbase runtime from popping up in the setup.  That popup warns that there can't be any other programs running which may interfere and gives a cancel button which the user can click on to exit the setup and I believe it uninstalls what has already been installed.

So I'm not sure if this is going to cause problems.

BUT!!!!  It works.  I get no error message (can't finish install due to canceled by user).  I'm not sure if possibly I could just take out a line or small section of the above script instead which would leave the welcome to dbase runtime window in and not give the option to cancel or if possibly I could have a different type warning before anything happens at all so that if the user cancels it, there would be no damage and the warning window would just close.

Very happy to have finally isolated the problem.  Please give me input on what you think I should do or possibly just let it run without the runtime warning box???

Thanks very much!!!