Subject Re: Can't change color of Check Box
From Akshat Kapoor <akshat.kapoor@kapoorsons.in>
Date Fri, 24 Mar 2017 10:00:27 +0530
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

> It looks like Akshat has given you a pretty thorough answer to this.
> Custom controls/components are the way to go for a variety of reasons,
> the biggest includes, as he notes, uniformity of appearance of your
> controls. Colors, fonts, etc. This can also be useful for controls that
> require specific code, something you use all the time.
>
> There is a freeware library of code for dBASE, the dUFLP, that includes
> a ton of custom controls as well (see the addresses in my signature
> block below).
>
> Ken

We get tonnes of custom controls in duflp but for efficient utilisation
one must be able to develop that particular code and if not developed
then atleast understand how that code works
This is what I believe.
formcntl.cc offers a variety of controls but to edit them one has to
edit the .cc. So for simple controls why not develop them.

I use passwordmaskef.cc & stringex (for encryption) from DUflp
Databuttons.cc is also a very helpful file.

Except for the how encryption takes place I first went through the code
till I understood how it functions and then used them.

Regards
Akshat