Subject snake report observation
From edward racht <e.racht@gmail.com>
Date Wed, 30 Nov 2016 20:06:10 -0500
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

Mervyn,

I wish to let you know that I soak up your guidance.  I learn so much from your patient problem solving with programming challenges.

This report has been good for me to follow as I had similar issues awhile back.
I discovered something wasn't working right with the footerband as you describe it.  I have a pretty deep hole in the sand from going in circles.

Thank-you for verifying it as a bug.

Charlie's references a telephone book approach which rang my bell.  A couple of months ago I needed to look at an example I saw some years ago because I used the guidance to learn how to set up a two column report.

I found it:

http://www.mnuwer.dbasedeveloper.co.uk/dlearn/reporting/index.html

in Report Tricks.  Turns out it is Key Mayer's Apartment Telephone Book example.

Off course the challenge here is different but I was interested in accomplishing what charlie wants.

Since then I have discovered I do not need to go that way.

Your program solutions will be with me into the future.

Again THANK YOU for your patience and guidance.

ed