Subject Re: snake report addition
From Mervyn Bick <invalid@invalid.invalid>
Date Wed, 30 Nov 2016 11:06:38 +0200
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 2016-11-30 10:20 AM, Charlie wrote:
> OK please disregard my last message.  I found that the actual field I should be using for data1 is grp which is numeric.
>
> Also are you saying I have to add the two canrender statements?  All I have in my report is 2 onrender statements.  So if that's the case I think I have an idea of what is going on.  I'm thinking data would be lname?  I also have a field fname.  Not sure if that would affect anything.

The example report is quite a lot more complex than a standard 1 group
report.

The dummy record in the temporary file is there to force the outer group
to print a headerband.  dBASE would then try to print the inner
headerband with the dummy record's match number and the text "Match No"
next to it.   We don't want that on the report so the two canRender
event handlers suppress the output from these objects.

If you post a copy of golf_scores.dbf I'll build it into an
  "bare bones" example report.  You can then change the layout and
spacing to suit yourself as well as adding any headings you need.

Mervyn.