Subject Re: prg file in v10.3 doesn\\\'t include startup form
From Ken Mayer <dbase@nospam.goldenstag.net>
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2016 10:43:22 -0700
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 10/19/2016 4:54 AM, Paul Nielsen wrote:
> Hi Andy,
>
> In the past the executable I built included all the parts of the program, and was a standalone program (except that I didn't include the runtime (but this is also an option now when the project is set up). It seems silly to have to include a possibly obscurely named wfo or pro file to have the built program be able to run.
>
> My original post on 11 October includes attachments showing the projects in 10.3 and 2.61.

I just opened up a project for an app I regularly tinker with, that is
currently being built in 10.3.1.

On the main page of the Project form ("Project" tab), it shows in the
combobox for "Main Program File" the program "start.prg".

If I find "start.prg" in the tree on the left and click on it, the "File
Details" tab automatically opens, (and if not, you can click it) and
"File is Main (Startup) Program?" is checked, and greyed out but checked
is "Include file within executable?".

If you are not seeing that, one thing you could do:

Remove the file from the project. (Right click on it in the tree on the
left)

SAVE the Project -- this will stream the source code for it back out to
the .PRJ file.

Add it BACK to the project, set it as your startup program. If that sets
everything correctly, save again.

It should take care of it.