Subject Re: Marrying forms
From Ken Mayer <dbase@nospam.goldenstag.net>
Date Tue, 18 Oct 2016 12:31:15 -0700
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 10/18/2016 10:04 AM, Charlie wrote:
> Probably a question I should have asked a long time ago but this is the situation:
>
> We have a menu form.  Of course when you push a certain selection a form pops up with the menu form.
>
> Is there a way to connect the two so that they won't separate when using other programs on the computer?
>
> For instance my menu form is open and I select a menu item in inventory control and that form opens up.  Then I go to a different program and do some work with both the menu form and inventory
>
> I go to the task bar to show the open forms and they are separate.  I can choose one or the other.  But actually I should only have one choice and they would both pop up together.  Not sure if this is the way they are supposed to work or if there is a way of marrying them so that they appear together with the menu form in the background.
>
> Hope I didn't confuse anyone.  I'm sort of confused! :)

Are you talking about the framewindow and the individual form? The
framewindow is not required for an application, but it takes a lot of
refactoring of the app to move the menus to the individual forms ...

You would need to use the shell() function to turn that off, and when
your app closes, turn it back on ... especially when testing your dBASE
app, otherwise it will be hard to do anything with it.