Subject Re: Direct copy instead of ftp
From Ken Mayer <dbase@nospam.goldenstag.net>
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2016 12:11:28 -0700
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 9/28/2016 6:28 AM, Mervyn Bick wrote:
> On 28-Sep-16 2:05 PM, Ken Mayer wrote:
>
>> Odd, I don't see anything in the code that would be looking at drive
>> C: ...
>>
>> however, I do note in the form's onOpen I am using "cPass" where I
>> should be using "cPassword"
>>
>> oIni.setValue( "FTP", "Password", cPassword )
>>
>> I have no idea how that slipped past, as I spent a lot of time on this
>> form.
>>

> I found another one at line 642. :-)  lastErrorMessage should be
> lastErrorString
>
>      if nError > 0
>          msgbox( "Connection error: "+nError+chr(13)+;
>                  oFTP.lastErrorString,;
>                  "Connect Error", 16 )
>          return
>       else
>          class::MessageDisplay( "Server> Connected to: "+oFTP.Hostname )
>       endif

Huh. Weird ...

> After much hair-pulling I found that the directory property for the
> localFolderControl was set to C:\.  Trying to override this in the
> form's onOpen event handler didn't work.  In the end I changed it in the
> Inspector and all is well.  I'll play with this a bit more later as
> hard-coding a directory is not very user-friendly. :-(

It shouldn't be hardcoding anything ... looking at the code there is
nothing that sets the drive to C: versus anything else. I suppose it
should be possible to set the default somehow, but I know I didn't
hardcode anything.

> I've at least got the form to open but it is not doing much after that.
> It won't connect as it feels it is not licensed for that operation.
> Screenshot attached.

I believe you, I just don't have any clue what to do about it. And the
folk at Catalyst are hard to work with. They don't like answering
questions ...